If you have never tried a company-wide scavenger hunt, you’re in for a treat. This is a fun and interactive way to improve connections in the workplace and provide your team with a way to unwind and relax after a long day of work.
All your team members will need to put on their creative thinking caps. Because scavenger hunt hints come as riddles, puzzles, clues, and questions, you never know what to expect. Everyone will need to dig deep and work as a team if they want to take home the win.
Let’s dive in.
What is a scavenger hunt?
Simply put, a scavenger hunt is the perfect experience for improving company morale and exciting activity that encourages your team to think critically about their surroundings.
There are countless ways to host a scavenger hunt. For instance, you can plan one that encourages your team to stretch their legs and move away from their desk for the day. For those located in New York City, our Scavenger Hunt: Central Park is an interactive and challenging team-building scavenger hunt that takes everyone on a journey through Central Park in a way they’ve never seen before.
Your remote team can also visit the far reaches of the Earth without even leaving their home office. Our Around the World Scavenger Hunt puts your team in groups on Zoom and sends them on a quest to explore the best museums and historic locations, all from the comfort of their homes. It’s a learning experience they won’t ever forget.
There’s also the option to build out your own scavenger hunt from scratch, which is where these clues will come in handy.
What are scavenger hunt clues?
Scavenger hunt clues for adults are basically riddles or hints. They help move the game in the right direction and keep everyone on their toes. One of the hardest aspects of scavenger hunts is staying exciting, original, and one step ahead of other players.
Having an arsenal of clues and hints at your disposal will only challenge your coworkers and teammates to push them to think critically. However, if you’re planning your own team-building scavenger hunt exercise, it can be hard to think of all the clues and hints on your own.
That’s where we come in. We put together a list of 30 of the best scavenger hunt clues for adults.
30 best scavenger hunt clues for adults
- If I’m on the road, you’ll have a decision to make. If you find me in a drawer, you’ll be ready to eat. (Fork)
- I am two things: an instrument and a shape. (Triangle)
- Looking for the best way to avoid the doctor’s office? You only need one of me a day. (Apple)
- I don’t move; however, you may find me running around your backyard but never in the house. (Fence)
- I’m like the beach but in your backyard or at the playground. (Sandbox)
- I have letters, but I’m not the alphabet. (Mailbox)
- I keep food fresh, and I’m the coolest friend you have. (Fridge)
- I am a home but not for people. You drive into me, but you never stay too long. (Garage)
- I have two knobs and a head full of water. (Shower)
- Every time you leave, you always remember to wear me. (Shoes)
- I love to eat bread but never butter. (Toaster)
- I live on your bed and under your head. (Pillow)
- I have four legs but not any feet. You use me every day but only to eat. (Table)
- I wear clothes but only on the inside. (Closet)
- I’m similar to glue, and you use me at least two times a day. (Toothpaste)
- I hold all your messages but only for work. (Slack or Teams)
- I’m a great tool to help you travel far, but once you turn 16, you don’t need me anymore. (Bike)
- You hate to hear me, but I ring at the same time every day. (Alarm clock)
- I’m full of holes but can easily hold water. (Sponge)
- I begin and end with an E but only have one letter. (Envelope)
- After a long day, I’m all you need. I’m soft yet sturdy and not easy to move. (Bed)
- Whether it’s work or play, some may say, I’m the biggest part of your day. (Computer)
- I’m dry and crunchy but easy to eat. I was your favorite part of Saturday mornings when you were a kid. (Cereal)
- You never want to run with me, but you can always beat me with a rock. (Scissors)
- I get dry as I get wetter. (Towel)
- You use me to get the dirt out but hate when I go in your eyes. (Shampoo)
- You sit at me for eight hours a day, but on the weekends, you’re very far away. (Work desk)
- I am full of stories of every kind, you could say. You always come to me when you need a quick getaway. (Bookshelf)
- I have a face but no mouth or nose. (Clock)
- I have exactly what you’re losing for, but you always lose me when you need me. (Keys)
You can choose to be as creative as you want. However, planning a scavenger hunt for your workplace can be daunting. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. At Elevent, we have a wide variety of preplanned virtual scavenger hunts that will provide your team members with interactive solutions that are already planned and ready to go.
We recommend looking through our list of scavenger hunts to find one that would work best for your team members. Whether you’re looking for a science museum-themed hunt or an interactive team-based one, we are sure to have an option for you.